Does your nonprofit use blogging to advance your mission? Why not? What’s holding you back? Here are a few advantages that blogging can bring to what you do.
- If you are looking to find and start a relationship with new donors, try communicating with a blog.
- Blogging allows you to share stories about your organization’s successes on a regular basis. Searching for stories for a regular blog provides you with regular content to use in other areas of your work.
- People like joining a conversation. You will learn about a number of people who benefit from your services with whom you’ve lost touch. And you will provide your donors a method to communicate with the organization.
- A nonprofit can use a blog in advancing their message to large group of people in a unique and personal way. Blogs allow you to say as much as you want as often as you’d like, and your community can engage as little or as much as they want.
- Search engines like blogs. Donors are searching for nonprofit leaders on the issues that matter to them. You are easier to find if you have a blog that talks about the issues they stand for by constantly producing new, relevant content.
- Blogging is great medium to promote the good work of your staff, talk about remarkable accomplishments, or highlight an employee’s longevity and service to your organization.