Recently I had a friend ask me for help raising money with his workplace. And I thought I’d share some of the ideas here. I was really encouraged to hear from a business leader who is looking for proactive and creative ways to raise money in his office. Here are a few examples of things you can do with your workplace campaign. Anything you want to add?
- Get a nonprofit representative to speak to a group of staff about how their money can make a difference.
- Promote monthly giving and how a small portion of your paycheck can make a big difference.
- Break the office into teams or groups and have them compete.
- Hold a creative event to generate enthusiasm. An organization I use to work with does a dunk tank event every year. Employees would talk with some of the Senior Managers and Vice Presidents and ask them if they would be willing to go on the dunk tank if their staff raised a certain amount of money.
- Combine your campaign with something online and offline. Have a fundraising page and send it in an email around the office. This can help everyone see how much they are raising as a group.
- Set a reasonable target and push to try and increase it every year.